Now available for purchase on Amazon.com, Best Pens for Book Signings answers the question…
Sooner or later, a conscientious author will ask the question – when she knows in her gut that just any old pen won’t do.
Do you know the differences and significance of pen and ink specifications and quality?
- Water-based ink
- Oil-based ink
- Ball points
- Felt tips
- Indelible ink
- Archival ink
Information and lists of desirable qualities, step-by-step testing instructions, and illustrated test results for the top pens recommended by authors and artists are all compiled into this quick and easy reference guide.
This book is for the conscientious writer who is well aware that handwriting in a book deserves a little care. With Best Pens for Book Signings, authors arrive at book signing events confidently assured that they have good quality pens that work well specifically on the paper/pages in his or her specific book(s).
- The factors and specs for picking a quality pen for book signings
- Detailed results and sample images from the tests
- Test results for various paper quality and texture in paperback, trade paperback, coloring and text books (with slick, glossy pages)
- Test results for the top pens and markers recommended by authors and artists
- Cumulative scores on a 5-Star rating system
- Step-by-step instructions for testing your favorite pens on your own books
- Zebra Sarasa™ 0.7mm
- Pentel RSVP® Comfort Zone™ Grip w/ Cap Black Fine Tip
- Pilot® Precise V5 Premium Rolling Ball Extra Fine 0.5mm
- Sharpie® Pen Stylo Fine Point with No Bleed
- Standard Sharpie® Extra Fine Point
- Standard Sharpie® Fine Point Permanent Marker
- BIC® Round Stic™ med and Swag Pen with Cap
- Swag Pen, Retractable
- Prismacolor® Premier Art Marker
Written by the author of What Do Ebook Authors Sign?, Best Pens for Book Signings is dedicated to the authors and readers who love the printed page and those who are keenly aware that there is no magic Undo button with pen and paper.